What is LTI?
Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) is an education technology coding standard that allows learning systems to invoke and to communicate with external systems.
For example, your Learning Management System (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), may use LTI to host course content and tools provided by external, third-party systems on a web site, without requiring a learner to log in separately on the external systems.
ClickView is compliant with both v1.1 and v1.3 coding standards. This article will guide you, the ClickView Administrator, through the generic setup of LTI v1.3.
- Log in to ClickView with an admin account → click your name at the top right hand corner → select Settings from the drop-down menu
- Select LTI on the left side panel:
**If can not see the LTI option in the steps below please contact email@example.com to enable this for you**
- Click on 'Add LTI Platform' button, select 'Version 1.3' then click 'Next':
- Enter a name for your LTI platform then click 'Create':
- The relevant fields required for LTI integration can be seen in the Step 1 section; Login URI, Redirection URI, Deep Linking Launch URI, Public Key and Public JWK. Please copy these fields into your VLE.
- Scroll down and complete the following form in the Step 2 section using the information provided by the VLE then click 'Save'.
For your reference a list of VLEs that are compliant with LTI can be found at: https://elearningindustry.com/directory/software-categories/learning-management-systems/compliance/ims-lti