What is LTI?
Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) is an education technology coding standard that allows learning systems to invoke and to communicate with external systems.
For example, your Learning Management System (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), may use LTI to host course content and tools provided by external, third-party systems on a web site, without requiring a learner to log in separately on the external systems.
ClickView is compliant with both v1.1 and v1.3 coding standards. This article will guide you, the ClickView Administrator, through the specific setup of LTI v1.1 for use with the Moodle LMS.
- Log into ClickView Online with an admin account and go to Settings:
- Under 'Integrations', select 'LTI':
- Then click 'Add LTI Platform':
- Select 'LTI 1.1' then give the platform a name and click 'Create':
- The next page has all the information you will need for Moodle to configure the LTI 1.1 Tool:
- Log into your Moodle instance as an administrator and go to 'Site Administration':
- Under 'Plugins', go to 'Manage Tools'
- Copy the XML URL from your ClickView LTI Platform page (Step 5) then paste that value into the Tool URL Field in Moodle and click 'Add':
- Copy the 'Key' and 'Secret fields from your ClickView LTI Platform page (Step 5) then paste them into the 'Consumer Key' and 'Shared Secret' fields respectively in Moodle and save changes:
- LTI 1.1 should now been configured and should appear under your list of Tools in your Moodle instance:
Adding a LTI 1.1 Link
- In Moodle, go to a course, click the cog in the top right, and turn editing on:
- Click 'Add an Activity or Resource' under the topic that you’d like to add the LTI 1.1 Link to
- Select 'External Tool' from the 'Add an Activity or Resource' popup, then click 'Add':
- Give your activity a name, select the ClickView LTI 1.1 Tool from the preconfigured tool menu and then click 'Save and Display'.
- Select your video from the ClickView tool. Click the 'Add' button to select the size the the video will be displayed at. Also check the Autoplay box under the thumbnail if required.
- After selecting a video, you will receive a confirmation message of the video being saved:
- Your video will now be displayed when ever someone accesses that External Tool Activity.