What is LTI?
Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) is an education technology coding standard that allows learning systems to communicate with external systems.
For example, your Learning Management System (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), may use LTI to host content provided by external third-party systems without requiring the student to log in separately to the external systems.
ClickView is compliant with both v1.1 and v1.3 coding standards. This article will guide you through the specific setup of LTI v1.1 for use with the Canvas LMS.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this setting before proceeding with the steps below.
- Log in to ClickView via online.clickview.us
- Click your username on the top right hand corner and select 'Settings':
- Select 'LTI' and 'Add LTI Platform':
- Select 'Version 1.1' and click 'Next':
- Enter the name of the platform:
- Open Canvas:
- Select Admin from the side bar>Settings>Apps>View App Configurations:
- Click '+ App':
- Select 'By URL' as your configuration type:
- Copy and paste fields from ClickView Online to Canvas (follow image below)
ClickView Field Canvas Field Key Consumer Key Secret Shared Secret XML Url Config URL
- You have now added ClickView to Canvas as an external tool