Determining if you're running the Server or Client instance
An easy way to determine, if you're running the ClickView Publisher server where you'll need to deploy the Publisher Backup Tool is to confirm if the instance of ClickView is showing - Master across the top.
As per the below image:
How to Locate the Server of Master Publisher
If you are currently running ClickView Publisher on your machine, please access this program and then:
- Select File > ClickView Publisher Service Details
- Under ClickView Publisher Service Address as below you will find:
- Server Name – Name of the server where Master Publisher is found
- Server IP Address – The IP address of that server
- Using the ‘Server Name’ proceed to locate and access this machine which should be found onsite.
Otherwise with admin credentials, you may also attempt to remotely into the is machine.
Do not have Publisher Installed?
If you do not have ClickView Publisher on any available workstations, please proceed to download and install this software.
For this, you will require your ClickView Publisher Activation Key. If you do not have this key, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and specify that you would like to know “which machine master publisher is on for my school”.
A member of our product support team will attempt to retrieve this information from our reporting console and get back to you via reply email. In this scenario, you may skip the rest of the steps specified below.
If you otherwise have ClickView Publisher Activation Key, please proceed to install a client instance of Publisher.
- During install wizard you will be prompted to enter your activation key, proceed and click next.
- You will find on this next window:
- Where “Server location registered in ClickView Online” represents the machine that Master Publisher installed upon.
- Using this information, you may determine where your Master Publisher is found onsite. Please also note down or retain a screenshot of this window in case you may need to refer to this section later.
- Once this information is obtained, you may select ‘Cancel’ on the install wizard as further progression is no longer required. (If you have committed to the install, you may proceed refer to our how ‘How to uninstall ClickView Publisher’ guide to remove this software from your computer.
For more assistance book an appointment using these links below: