Both students and teachers have the ability to create clips of any video in their ClickView Libraries and save the clip directly to their Workspace for future use.
Accessing the Clipping Function
The clipping function can be accessed in two separate ways, either via the options menu next to the video title as displayed below:
Or via the navigation bar that is underneath the web player when playing a video, as displayed in the image below:
Creating a Clip
To create a clip, first open the clipping function by either of the options outlined above. Then follow these steps:
- Change the start and end time of the clip by filling out the 'Start At'/'End At' fields. You could also drag the starting and ending points of the blue bar in the video timeline:
- Then fill out the clip meta data. You must give the clip a title but other fields are optional:
- Click the 'Create a clip' button:
- Once you've clicked the 'Create a Clip' button, you'll see the new clip listed in the 'Clips' tab underneath the video web player:
- You can now share this clip:
- You can also make modifications:
Clips in Workspace
Once a clip is created it is automatically saved to the 'Clips' folder your workspace so you can find it again easily. You can share and modify a clip from your workspace too.