The chapters created within ClickView's Workspace feature differ from the chapters created within the editing suite within ClickView Publisher.
- ClickView Publisher creates each chapter by segmenting the original video, this creates multiple files that each represent a chapter of the video.
- ClickView Online creates each chapter and stores them in a layer that sits above the actual video file, this ensures that the video remains intact as a single contiguous file.
ClickView Publisher is unable to process the metadata chapters as it relies on chapters being separately chunked files , hence when pushing titles from ClickView Online that have been chapterised you will find that the chapters themselves won't be reflected within Publisher, or when syncing that title through to ClickView Online.
Chapterising material obtained from ClickView Online
While there isn't a technical requirement to chapterise content any longer given the advent of HTTP progressive streaming, some educators may still wish to do so to ease the use of the title for the class room.
The below steps will help educators that still require the ability to chapterise their content, when that content is obtained from ClickView TV or ClickView Exchange.
- Add the content to your Workspace via the controls given in the Options menu.
- Navigate to your Workspace and select the Add to Library option.
- Open ClickView Publisher and navigate to the Push To Menu and download the title.
- Move the content from the Working folder to one of the category folders.
- Right click the title and select "Edit Video" this will open an editing window similar to the editing suite contained within ClickView Online Workspace.
- Enter in the chapters by adding breakpoints at appropriate locations, these can be added via the insert chapter break button or by using the spacebar.
- Once you've added in your breakpoints please then hit Ok.
- This will create a copy of the title split into chapters based on the breakpoints you've entered. Delete the original and then wait for the title to sync and upload to ClickView Online.