The latest release of Publisher 6.2 not only includes important performance improvements and bug fixes, but it also includes the new built-in intelligent Local Cache. We wanted to simplify things for you and we believe we have done that by developing a smarter and safer Local Cache that caches all ClickView videos, not just videos from your Publisher.
Why should I install Publisher 6.2?
The new ClickView Local Cache, included in Publisher 6.2, will intelligently download and store videos from ClickView. This means playback on-campus for all ClickView videos will be streamed locally ensuring reliable playback and conserving your bandwidth.
- Secure– The new Local Cache now supports HTTPS out of the box, so you can access ClickView content more securely and all your data is protected.
- Intelligent– The new Local Cache will intelligently download and store the content you are watching, efficiently using disk space and using less bandwidth.
- Cache everything– Reliably deliver all ClickView content to your classroom and save bandwidth in the process. No more waiting for your video to load!
Note: The Local Cache included in Publisher 6.2 is a legacy product. For more information on our stand-alone Local Cache, please refer to the 'ClickView Local Cache 2.0' section of the help centre.
Do I need Publisher 6.2?
The advantage of Publisher 6.2 is that it includes performance improvements and bug fixes whilst also allowing playback of all ClickView videos on your school campus to be streamed locally.
Local Cache is designed to conserve internet bandwidth when users are accessing ClickView videos within a specific network such as your institutions Local Area Network (LAN).
Primarily this feature was designed to allow low bandwidth institutions to make use of video-based learning, but it is also useful for institutes that want to conserve bandwidth or just offer increased reliability when it comes to streaming video.
Local Cache sits on your institution's network, between ClickView and the ClickView Cloud. This means that videos can be streamed directly over your local network from the Local Cache.
Benefits of Publisher 6.2
- The new Local Cache support HTTPS.
- The new Local Cache requires less administration and intelligently manages storage.
- The new Local Cache supports caching ALL ClickView videos.
Installing Publisher 6.2
You can find out more information about how to install ClickView Publisher 6.2 here.