ClickView Local Cache 2.0
The ClickView Local Cache 2.0 will intelligently download and store videos from ClickView. This means playback on-campus for all ClickView videos will be streamed locally ensuring reliable playback and conserving your bandwidth.
- Secure – Local Cache now supports HTTPS out of the box, so you can access ClickView content more securely and all your data is protected.
- Intelligent –Local Cache will intelligently download and store the content you are watching, efficiently using disk space and using less bandwidth.
- Cache everything – Reliably deliver all ClickView content to your classroom and save bandwidth in the process. No more waiting for your video to load!
Do I need Local Cache?
Local Cache is a feature of ClickView that is designed to conserve internet bandwidth when users are accessing ClickView videos within a specific network such as your institution's Local Area Network (LAN).
Primarily this feature was designed to allow low bandwidth institutions to make use of video-based learning, but it is also useful to institutes that want to conserve bandwidth or just offer increased reliability when it comes to streaming video.
Local Cache sits on your institution's network, between ClickView and the ClickView Cloud. This means that videos can be streamed directly over your local network from the Local Cache.
Benefits of ClickView Local Cache
- Standalone Local Cache support HTTPS.
- Standalone Local Cache requires less administration and intelligently manages storage.
- Standalone Local Cache does not require ClickView Publisher to be used at the institution.
- Standalone Local Cache supports caching ALL ClickView videos.
Signs you may need Local Cache
- Videos take a long time to load or you get the spinning loader wheel when watching videos.
- You want whole classrooms to play HD videos from ClickView at the same time without congesting the network.
- Your internet or WiFi is unreliable, causing interrupted playback of the video.
If any of these signs sound familiar, Local Cache would be a good bet for your institute.
Installing Local Cache
You can find out more information about how to install ClickView Local Cache 2.0 here.