What is Local Cache?
Local Cache will intelligently download and store videos from ClickView. This means playback on-campus for all ClickView videos will be streamed locally ensuring reliable playback and conserving your bandwidth.
- Secure – Local Cache supports HTTPS out of the box, so you can access ClickView content more securely and all your data is protected.
- Intelligent – Local Cache will intelligently download and store the content you are watching, efficiently using disk space and using less bandwidth.
- Cache everything – Reliably deliver all ClickView content to your classroom and save bandwidth in the process. No more waiting for your video to load!
Do I need Local Cache?
Local Cache is a feature of ClickView that is designed to conserve internet bandwidth when users are accessing ClickView videos within your institution's Local Area Network (LAN).
Primarily, this feature was designed to allow low bandwidth institutions to make use of video-based learning, this is also useful to institutes that want to conserve bandwidth or just offer increased reliability when it comes to streaming video.
Local Cache is configured on your institution's network, between ClickView and Online. This means that videos can be streamed directly over your local network from the Local Cache, rather being streamed from the internet bandwidth.
Benefits of ClickView Local Cache
- Standalone Local Cache support HTTPS.
- Standalone Local Cache requires less administration and intelligently manages storage.
- Standalone Local Cache supports caching ALL ClickView videos, from all sections of Online.
Signs you may need Local Cache
- Videos take a long time to load or you get the spinning loader wheel when watching videos.
- You want whole classrooms to play HD videos from ClickView at the same time without congesting the network.
- Your internet or Wi-Fi is unreliable, causing interrupted playback of the video.
If any of these signs sound familiar, Local Cache would be greatly assist in preserving the internet bandwidth of your institution.
Installing Local Cache
You can find out more information about how to install Local Cache here.