What is Video Access?
Video Access allows ClickView Administrators to restrict access to videos for certain groups of users. Administrators are the only users who can restrict access to a video.
Who can you restrict video access to?
Administrators can Restrict Video Access from all students, selected year groups or all users in the school (including non-admin staff).
Which videos can be restricted?
All library videos in ClickView can be restricted by the Administrator.
What does the padlock icon mean?
There will be a padlock next to the video title if:
- The video is awaiting approval from the Administrator
- The video has been restricted
How do I know if a video is restricted?
You will know if a video is restricted if you encounter the following:
- A padlock next to the title
- An image of a padlock and the word Restricted as the thumbnail
- A yellow banner is displayed underneath the video rating
- If you are a student, you may see greyed out lines in place of the video title
If you encounter these when trying to access a video, it means that your video access has been restricted by the Administrator.
What does awaiting approval mean?
If the thumbnail of the video is displayed as Awaiting Approval or you encounter a notification saying, “This video is pending approval by your ClickView Administrator”, it means that the video has not yet been approved by the ClickView Administrator yet.
Who can view the Video Access page?
Only ClickView administrators can view the Video Access page, since administrators are the only users who can manage access to a video.