This article will provide guidance on how your institution can activate the ClickView App for Apple TV at your institution.
Note: The ClickView App for Apple TV can only be installed on to a 4th Generation Apple TV device.
1. Once you have downloaded and installed the ClickView App from the Apple TV App Store, proceed to locate and launch the ClickView App on your Apple TV device.
2. Upon launching the ClickView App on your device for the first time, you will be provided with a four-digit activation code on the screen, an example of this can be seen below:
This activation code is liable to change every 15 minutes - if you are not able to activate the App within 15 minutes, you will need to re-obtain the code from the ClickView App for Apple TV
3. Once you have obtained your activation code, proceed to the respective activation link that corresponds to your region:
Note: If you are presented with the wrong activation URL for your respective region, this can be corrected by going into Apple TV Settings > Apps > ClickView > Location and changing this to the correct respective region. Once you have performed this change, you will need to close the ClickView App and restart it fresh; alternatively, you may wish to simply reboot the Apple TV device.
If you are not already signed in to ClickView Online, you will need to sign in as using a standard 'Teacher' account for ClickView Online, or your institutions ClickView Online Administration (ADM) credentials.
4. Once you have signed in using one of the above accounts you will be presented with the screen below.
From here, we need to give the Apple TV Device a suitable name - a suitable name will allow end-users to easily identify which devices are available for use. We then need to proceed to enter the 4 digit code that we obtained earlier in this article:
In the above example, we are activating the ClickView App for the 'Auditorium' and have specified the 4 digit pin obtained in step 2 of this article.
5. Upon activating the device, you will be able to see the name of the device and whether it is 'Online' and available for use:
6. Once you have activated all desired devices at your institution, sign back into ClickView Online using any 'Teacher' account
7. Locate a video in your ClickView Library that you want to display on one of your Apple TV devices and proceed to access it, you will now see an additional option in the playback controls - 'Play on device'
Selecting this option will present you with a list of all activated devices and whether they are 'Online' and available for immediate use, or offline as the device is not available, or another user is currently using it.
In the example below, the 'Auditorium' device is currently 'Online' (indicated by the green dot). Therefore, we can play the title back on this device by clicking the 'Play on Device' option.
The title will then proceed to play back on the nominated device and will provide you with information on which device it is playing on.