This article will demonstrate how to synchronise any changes made to your ClickView Digital Library with your institution's ClickView Online Digital Library.
These changes include:
- All metadata changes (i.e Video ratings, description, etc.)
- Any changes to videos in folder structure (i.e. A video moved from on folder to another etc.)
- Removes any videos from your ClickView Digital Library
- All newly synchronised material
If you wish to synchronise a single audio/video object immediately, navigate to the object in the main window of ClickView Publisher. The Online Sync Manager is often set to sync overnight only. More details about this can be found here.
Once the video is located, right-click on it and select Generate ClickView Online URL. This will force the video to manually sync with ClickView Online. If the option Open in ClickView Online appears, this means the audio/video object has already been uploaded.
- Open your ClickView Publisher. Right-click on your institutions name (just above the 'Working Folders') - and click on "Synchronise Changes with ClickView Online".
- A window will open that will sync all the changes from your ClickView Digital Library to your ClickView Online Digital Library.
- Once this is complete, move to 'Phase 2' of this tutorial - "Applying and Refreshing Changes"
- Go to ClickView Online and Login with an admin account. If you haven't configured your user account to be an admin, you can do so by logging into ClickView Online with the deprecated ADM account details and following the prompts.
- Once successfully logged in, at the top right hand corner of the page, click on your name, then the "Settings" drop down.
- Navigate to the left menu and under "Library Management", select Libraries. You should see a heading 'Update Library' with a button "Apply and Refresh Libraries". Click on that button once.
- Allow the process to complete.
- Once the process is complete, your ClickView Online Digital Library should be updated.
- Confirm the update by accessing your ClickView Online account and making sure the changes reflect ClickView Publisher. Note: If the video is not reflected into ClickView Online, their may be an issue with the audio/video files in ClickView Publisher.