This tutorial will outline how to install and run the Content Removal Utility. The Content Removal Utility is used to remove particular library content from your ClickView Digital Library. It is used to delete individual licensed videos, such as Media Store purchases, or to delete a subscription library if your school is no longer subscribed to it.
1. This utility should only be used if you have:
- Discontinued your subscription with any of the available ClickView Content Video Subscriptions. If you are unsure whether this applies to you, please contact ClickView to confirm whether or not to run this utility.
- Need to remove content that ClickView no longer has the rights to, this will be communicated to you by ClickView.
2. The Content Removal Tool deletes only videos from your institutions ClickView Library. It does not delete folders. If you want to remove folders from your ClickView Library, run the Content Removal Utility as per the steps below, and then manually delete the folders you wish to delete.
3. Please follow this article on your ClickView Publisher (Master) Server.
1. Download the Content Removal Utility from our website. The link to download the installer for the Content Removal Utility is: ContentRemoval.msi. Open the recently downloaded installer by navigating to the path that it was downloaded to. The default directory is usually the 'Downloads' folder within your user account, as seen within the below screenshot.
2. A window should open titled ClickView Library Content Removal Tool Setup, as per the screenshot below. Click Next.
3. It will bring you to the End-User License Agreement window. If you agree to the End-User License Agreement, tick the I accept the terms in the License Agreement box. You must agree to the End-User License Agreement to be able to continue. Click Next.
4. It will bring you to the Destination Folder window. If you are happy with the default install directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ClickView\' then click Next. Otherwise, click Change and set the desired install path, then click Next.
5. You are now ready to install the Content Removal Tool. If you are happy with the settings you have chosen, click Install to begin the installation.
NOTE: Depending upon your computer's security settings, you may get a User Account Control prompt. The program name may appear to display random characters, although the publisher will display 'ClickView Pty. Ltd.'. Click Yes to give the installer permission to install the Content Removal Tool.
6. The Content Removal Tool should begin installing with a status/progress bar visible.
7. Once the installation of the Content Removal Tool has completed, the window will advise that you have Completed the ClickView Library Content Removal Tool Setup Wizard. Click Finish to close the installer.
8. A shortcut should appear on your desktop upon completion of the installation.
1. Once the Content Removal Tool has been installed, a shortcut should have been placed on the desktop. Double click the shortcut titled ClickView Library Content Removal Tool to open the Content Removal Tool.
2. Once the Content Removal Tool has opened, the first screen will be a welcome screen. The welcome screen will give you the choice between deleting individual videos, or deleting subscription library videos. Depending upon what your purpose for the Content Removal Tool is, choose the suitable option. This tutorial makes the assumption that an entire subscription library is to be removed, as seen in the below screenshot. Click Next.
NOTE: ClickView Publisher allows you to delete individual titles already. The Content Removal Tool is often used to delete and remove entire subscription libraries.
3. The tool will display all content that requires removal.
Note: Once you click Next you will be prompted to continue, please note that once you commit the tool will run until it has completed.
4. A window will open allowing you to choose the certification save location. This certification is an XML file which contains various details regarding the deletion process, such as 'Deletion Time', 'Deletion Date', 'Institution name', 'Library Set Deleted' etc. Navigate to the directory you wish to save the certification and click 'Save'. The videos will be deleted from your ClickView Library.
6. Once the videos have been deleted from your ClickView Library, a window will pop up advising that the record has been deleted, and the certification was saved to the address specified in the previous step. Click OK.
7. You will be returned to the library subscription set window. The list of video titles within the selected library subscription set should be empty, indicating that the videos have been removed. From here, you can remove another library subscription set, or click Close if you have finished with the Content Removal Tool.
Optional: Below is a screenshot of the certification XML that was created as a result of the above tutorial.