This knowledge base article outlines how to change the Video Mixing Render (VMR) settings for ClickView Publisher.
The Video Mixing Render filter is vital for all video playback in ClickView Publisher. It is set by default when you install ClickView Publisher on a Windows PC but on occasions you may need to change the VMR settings for another purpose.
What is the Video Mixing Renderer
The Video Mixing Renderer (VMR) is a filter employed by Windows from XP onward. It was created to enable enhanced video playback (including full screen playback). There are 3 settings to VMR 7, 9, & 10.
- Windows XP can use VMR 7 & 9
- Windows Vista can use VMR 9 & 7
- Windows 7 can use VMR 10 (EVR) & 9
- Windows 8 and 8.1 can use VMR 10 (EVR) & 9
- Windows 10 can use VMR 10 (EVR 10 & EVR
Changing the VMR Settings
Depending upon the operating system, ClickView Publisher defaults the VMR settings to particular settings (i.e. Windows XP default is 9, whilst other operating systems default at 10). To change the VMR settings:
1. Open ClickView Publisher.
2. At the top right of the main ClickView Publisher window, click on Tools then Options
3. Within the Options window, on the left hand side, click Video Rendering. This will display your Video Rendering settings, where you can change your VMR settings and Elecard Hardware Acceleration. Click on the down arrow within the rendering box to open the drop down menu for rendering options. Click on the VMR settings which are applicable to your set up. If a setting change affects your playback negatively, you can always change the setting back. You can also Enable Elecard Hardware Acceleration by ticking the checkbox. This is particularly suitable for computers using an ATI graphics card.
4. Click OK. You have changed and saved your new VMR settings.