When initially installing ClickView Publisher users may want to host their data in a different directory or location to where they have chosen to install the ClickView Publisher application.
Users may also wish to migrate their data from one location to another after they have been using ClickView for a period of time.
NOTE: It is recommended that you leave the ClickView database file (CVDB.mdb) in the root of the ClickView Publisher installation directory and that it is not migrated.
Changing the data location
1. Please download and begin the installation of ClickView Publisher.
2. During the Publisher set up, assuming your activation key enables you to install the master instance of Publisher, you will see the following option to specify where your ClickView binary data will be stored.
3. This path can be changed in order to store the data in a different location to the default installation directory. In this example, the data will be stored in E:\ClickViewData. Click Next to continue.
4. Once you have selected the directory for your data to reside in, click Next and continue with the rest of the installation. When the installation is complete, any data that you import into your ClickView library will be stored in this location that you have specified.
1. Please download and install ClickView Publisher application.
2. After it is installed, please run the application.
3. Open the Start menu and search for regedit. This will run the Registry Editor. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following key:
- 32-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > ClickView Library
- 64-bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Wow6432Node > ClickView > ClickView Library
Within the ClickView Library Key, please locate the DataPath value. This value should already exist within this directory, and this will need to be changed to the location of the network storage device where the data will be stored.
By default, the location of the DataPath value will be within your ClickView installation directory, in the case below our installation directory is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ClickView\ClickView Library".
We can now change the directory path to the network location of where our data is being stored - this location should always start with "\\". In the example below our data is stored on "\\NAS\ClickViewData\".
6. Because your data will be stored on a network location, please follow this article to set the appropriate login credentials for both the ClickView Publisher service and the ClickView Online upload service.
7. Any data that you now add to your ClickView Library will be stored on the NAS/network location you have specified.
If you already have material in your ClickView Library that you wish to migrate to a new storage location, please follow the steps below.
1. Launch ClickView Publisher
2. Go to Tools, then Data Management. You should be presented with a screen that shows your current ClickView Publisher Data location:
3. Click on the Relocate Data button, and a new window will be opened, allowing you to specify your new storage location.
4. From here, select the location you would like to migrate your ClickView data to. In this example, we are migrating our data to E:\ClickViewData and so we have selected the E:\ drive below, and created the ClickViewData folder within the E:\ drive.
5. The re-location process should now commence.
6. Once the re-location process is complete, you will be asked if you wish to remove your ClickView data from your previous storage location.
7. After you have chosen to keep or remove your old data you will then be informed that the relocation is complete.
8. This same process applies for the relocation of ClickView Local Cache Data. Click Relocate Data to open the file browser to set a new Local Cache path and to move local cache to that respective directory.
9. Because the current ClickViewData and/or ClickViewLocalCache share will still be pointing to the previous data location(s), please follow this article in order to update the share location to that of your new data location.
Your relocation of data is now complete and any material that you subsequently add to ClickView should be stored in the new data location you have specified.