If users are experiencing issues when attempting to launch ClickView Publisher, this may be because the CVDB file that contains all of the ClickView metadata has become corrupt. A typical screenshot of this can be seen below:
Generally, any message that gives references to a database problem means that the database will require a compact and repair.
Procedure [Access 2007]
The following tutorial was written using Microsoft Access 2007 although Compact and Repair functionality is present within Microsoft 2003 and later
1. Open the database in Microsoft Access (2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013).
2. Once the database is open the user will need to click on the File icon, they will then see the Compact and Repair functionality within the Manage tab. Below is a screenshot of how this is achieved in Microsoft Access 2007.
3. Simply click on Compact and Repair Database.
4. Microsoft Access will then repair the database. You will often find the database file will be slighter smaller than the original file.
5. Once this is complete please attempt to launch ClickView again.