This article covers the steps which need to be carried out to prepare a system running Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2012R2 for an installation of ClickView Publisher.
Installing the Desktop Experience Component
The ClickView Publisher application requires some multimedia features that are not installed in a standard installation of Windows Server 2008 but are available in the Desktop Experience feature. To install the feature please follow the numbered points below
1. Click Start and select Server Manager
2. When the Server Manager window appears, go to the left pane and select Features.
3. On the right, click the Add Features link.
3. Check the Desktop Experience checkbox
4. Click Next, then click Install.
5. When the installation is complete, windows will notify you that you must restart your server to complete the process.
6. After the restart, you will now see the Desktop Experience text is grayed out and with (installed) written at the end.
1. Launch the Server Manager and select Add roles and features.
2. Select the Features menu on the left and expand the User Interfaces and Infrastructure option. The Desktop Experience can be found below. Tick the checkbox and click Next, then Install.
3. Run through the rest of the installer. Once complete a reboot will be required.