The ClickView Digital Video Recorder provides users with the ability to add custom video content into their ClickView Library.
Through the ClickView Digital Video Recorder you can record, schedule, edit and import material to your ClickView Library including importing and editing existing digital material captured or recorded outside of ClickView.
The ClickView DVR supports Free-To-Air TV and Radio recording.
A list of all capture cards that the ClickView Digital Video Recorder supports can be found here
Launching the ClickView Digital Video Recorder
1. Open ClickView Publisher.
2. Start the ClickView Digital Video Recorder by clicking on Tools, then ClickView Digital Video Recorder. You can alternatively press CTRL + R.
Note: The ClickView Digital Video Recorder requires a compatible video capture card in order to capture video. If you do not have a capture card installed, you can still use the Digital Video Recorder to import supported video files directly in to ClickView, as seen in step 1.1 of this article.
There are two methods of controlling the digital video recording process:
1. Manual Recording
Click on Start under the Manual Recording section to start the recording. You will notice that it will display the video and begin recording. Simply press Stop when you are ready to stop the recording process.
2. Scheduled Recording
Click on Add Schedule Item under the Scheduled Recording section. This will prompt you to nominate a Date, Start Time and Stop Time for a recording. You will notice that this entry will then be listed as a scheduled recording. You may choose to enter multiple schedules for recording.
If you wish to remove a scheduled recording, simply right-click on the item and choose Remove Schedule Item.
ClickView can be used to import standalone video files in to the ClickView platform.
To import a file in to ClickView:
1. Right-click within Step 2 of the DVR and within the dropdown menu, click Add an Existing Digital Recording.
2. A dialog box will open allowing you to browse for the file you wish to import. If you click on the Common Video Formats box, you will be able to see all the material that the ClickView DVR supports for importation.
3. If the file you wish to import is in one of the file format's above, it will display within Windows Explorer and you will be able to select it by double-clicking on it or clicking Open.
4. The title should then appear in Step 2 where it can be edited and then added to the ClickView Library.
Note: When importing externally created/sourced files you may have varied experiences depending on the original source videos encoding method. The video format MP4 (with H.264 video encoding and AAC audio encoding) is the most widely supported codec.
Recordings must be edited prior to being imported into the ClickView Publisher software.
1. Select a recording made from the previous step and click on Edit Recording.
2. This will bring you to the ClickView Video Editor which allows you to edit and break the recording into chapters.
- The controls highlighted in red below allow the user to seek forward or backward through a video in set amounts of time. Eg, in the picture above, pressing the "+" button will add 5 seconds to the trackbar. Pressing the "-" button will take 5 seconds off the trackbar.
- The button highlighted in blue allows the user to Pause and Play the video.
3. Click on Insert a chapter break at anytime during the Video Preview to create a chapter. You can skip to any part of the recording by using the trackbar or entering in a specific time and clicking on Move To. Alternatively, ClickView also allows you to seek within a particular chapter by using the lower trackbar. ClickView's new, innovative, dual trackbar design, allows users to conveniently and quickly seek to specific sections of the video.
4. After creating chapters for your video, you will notice that the chapters will be listed in the Video Chapter Details section. If you ever need to later re-combine chapters together, simply highlight adjacent chapters by holding down CTRL and click on Merge Chapters.
5. When you have finished creating chapters for your video, untick the chapters you want to exclude. This allows you to remove advertisements or any other unwanted sections of the recording. Input the video title and click on OK.
1. Click on Add to the Library to transcode and upload the recording to ClickView.
2. The status bar will tell you when the process is complete. Your video is now located on the ClickView Publisher in the Digital Video Recorder Working Folder.