ClickView Online contains a feature called Workspace that allows you to upload, edit and publish content to your own private area in ClickView Online. You are able to upload content from TV, your own computer and from most new mobile devices.
After you save an edited program from ClickView Cloud Video Editor, it will appear in your Online Workspace. From this location you can play the program, edit unedited programs, create links, embed, download the program or add to Playlists.
How do I find my Online Workspace?
To locate your Workspace:
- Go to ClickView Online
- Enter your username and password
- Click on the Workspace tab
Programs that have been added to your Workspace will be listed. Recently added programs may appear under the Pending Items tab. When ready, it will appear in your program list.
Understanding your Online Workspace
The Workspace page indicates the amount of Cloud storage you have to use. The amount of remaining space within the Workspace is displayed over the top of the section.
Each program added into Workspaces displays it's size and the date it was added.
Play a program
- To play your program, click on the title. It will open another page and play automatically.
Remove a program
- Click the Options menu
- Select the 'Delete' option
Move a program
- Click and drag the thumbnail of the video onto the folder you wish to move the video too
- Release the thumbnail to move the video into the folder
1. Login to ClickView Online and browse to your Workspace area by clicking on the Workspace tab.
2. Select the Upload Video option from the left hand side of the page to upload a video.
3. Use the Select a video file to select and upload a video file or alternatively drag and drop the file into this section.
4. The video will begin uploading once you've dragged the file into this section.
5. Once the upload has complete, a prompt box will come up advising that it has been added to the pending queue.
6. The program will appear within the 'pending videos' section of your workspace while it processes.
Share your program
There are several ways to share your program once it has been added to your Workspace. You can create links, embed, download the program or place it in your Playlists.
Note: Only Teachers can share material publicly. Students have the options of 'Private' and 'My School'.
Create a link to share or embed
1. Click on the share icon to the right of the program you wish to share.
2. Choose privacy settings.
- Private - The video is only accessable from your Workspace and cannot be accessed via a direct link.
- My School - The video can be accessed by a direct web link or embedded in a web page but can only be accessed by your school's ClickView Online users only.
- Public - The video can be accessed by a direct web link or embedded in a web page and can be accessed publicly with no login required to view the video.
Note: Only Teacher accounts can share material publicly, Student accounts have the ability to share 'Privately' and 'My School' only.
Add to Playlist
1. Click the Options bar to the right of the program title, and select "Add to a playlist"
2. You can choose to either create a new playlist by entering a playlist name and clicking Create Playlist or add the program to an existing playlist by clicking on the playlist name.
Download the program as MP4 or CLK
- Click on the program to open it's playback page.
- Under the About tab, you can choose to Download (MP4) or Download (CLK)
- Save file to suitable location
Edit your program
Workspace allows you to edit a previously unedited program using the ClickView Cloud Video Editor. To edit a program:
- Click on the program to open it's playback page.
- Under the Edit tab, click on Launch ClickView Cloud Editor
The Cloud Editor will open and will allow you to edit the program.
* If working in Google Chrome on a larger file you may be presented with the following:
Click the "Yes" button and the video will load in the background - you may experience some minor delays when trying to access later parts of the video as it may still be loading in the background.
Note: This behaviour is caused by a current problem affecting the Google Chrome Browser and the way it handles the caching of temporary files.
Creating Interactive Videos
You can now add questions directly to your videos within your Workspace, this can be done by navigating to the Workspaces section and selecting 'Create an interactive video' from the options dropdown.
This will bring up the Interactives Editor:
From here you are able to add in questions to the video and other interactive objects.
For some objects, you are able to specify if you want the video to pause while the object is displayed, or if you want it to continue playing:
Once you have finished adding content to your Interactive Video, click the Save and continue button to save the Interactive.
Finally, you will be given a chance to review your Interactive Video before publishing it for people to access and watch.
Enter a title and description and when you are ready, click the Publish button.
You have now created your interactive video and can share it with your students and begin collecting results!