By default, ClickView Publisher will automatically select the default network adapter or IP Address as the connection to listen and accept requests from. In cases where your ClickView Publisher is configured with multiple network adapters, or has multiple IP Addresses configured on the 'Preferred' adapter, you will need to make sure to set the priority of the network adapters.
This article is particularly significant when ClickView Player clients cannot connect to ClickView Publisher (Master). In the ClickView Publisher (Master) application the Server IP section is listing the Wrong IP Address.
1. Ensure that the ClickView Publisher application is closed.
2. Launch the Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network Connections
3. Right click on the network adapter you wish for Publisher to use and select "Properties"
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) and click 'Properties'
5. Click the Advanced settings button
6. Untick 'Automatic metric' at the bottom of the panel and set the Interface metric to 1
You can do the same for other NICs and set them to increasing numbers, however this should not be necessary. Interface Metric values follow a scale from 1-9999 with 1 being highest priority.
7. Restart ClickView Publisher.
8. In Publisher, Click File in the top left hand side of the application window. In the drop down menu, click ClickView Publisher Service Details
10. If the Server IP address has not changed to reflect the correct address, click the Refresh button
Publisher should now be broadcasting on the correct IP.