The ClickView Digital Video recorder requires a capture folder to temporarily store recordings and files during the conversion process, by default the local User temporary directory is used to facilitate this.
In some configurations and setups, it is advisable to set a specific folder on a local system disk for the Digital Video Recorder capture folder, i.e. multiple user accounts want to record and edit content on the one system, limit storage space on the 'C:' drive etc, the following article will detail how to adjust the capture folder for the Digital Video Recorder.
1. Open ClickView Publisher
2. Select 'Tools' > 'ClickView Digital Video Recorder'
3. Click the 'Video Settings' box - this is located in the top-right hand pane of the window (as shown below):
4. Choose the 'Recording Folder' option
5. You will be prompted to stop the Digital Video Recorder Service > Click 'Yes' to this request
6. You will be presented with a 'Recording Folder' box
7. Specify your new recording location by clicking the '...' icon and selecting the directory which you want all future DVR recordings to be stored in
8. Upon clicking 'OK' to changing your recording folder your newly specified location will become your DVR working directory