This tutorial will outline how run and install library content using the Content Installation Guide. The Content Installation Guide is used to install library content into your ClickView Digital Library. This is often required when your institution has subscribed to a ClickView Library Content Set (such as the Curriculum Library for Primary Schools) and a hard drive with the content and the installer is delivered to your institution.
Running the Content Installer
1. Plug the hard drive into your ClickView Server or Manager via USB port. If the hard drive supports USB 3.0, it is recommended to plug it into a USB 3.0 compliant port for faster data transfer speeds. This is indicated by a blue tab within the USB 3.0 port.
2. Navigate to the ClickView Content Drive. The title of the drive should be 'ClickView Library'. Depending upon your folder settings, you may see similar folders as seen within the screenshot below, or just the 'Installation Guide.exe' as highlighted in the screenshot below. Open the Installation Guide by double clicking on it.
3. A User Account Control dialog box may pop up depending upon your computer's security settings. Click 'Yes' to allow the installer to open.
4. Once the Content Installation Guide has opened, it will do a check that your computer has the necessary prerequisites to run the content installer. Ensure that Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or above is installed / initialised. The content installer will only run if the ClickView Publisher is installed and appropriately licensed.
5. The Video Selection window should be open. The top right hand corner of the window displays various information about the library content to be installed, such as the database and data paths, the number of selected videos to be installed by the installer and the size of the selected videos.
Ensure that for each category of video, the folder in which you want the videos to be installed to, is specified. For example, there are 7 Career videos within the below example. The 'Careers' folder within the example ClickView Digital Library is the chosen folder to import these career videos. If 'Default New Folder' is chosen, a new folder, often with the name of the category, is created and the content is installed within that directory.
To choose specific videos within the content installer to install, click on 'Switch to Classic View' at the bottom of the window and move to step 6. Otherwise, once all the folders have been specified, click 'Install' on the bottom right hand side of the window.
OPTIONAL: Classic View allows you to browse the content installer and tick specific videos to install from within the content installer. Click on the '+' to open a folder. If you tick a folder, it will tick all the videos from within that folder for install (and vice versa if you untick a folder). Once all the videos have been ticked or unticked respectively, click 'Install' at the bottom right hand side of the window.
6. The content is now importing to your ClickView digital Library. As videos are imported to your library, their status will appear underneath the 'Installation Progress' box. Allow the installer to finish importing all videos. The bottom right hand side of the window displays how many videos have been imported and the remaining time left until completion.
7. Once all the content has been installed, the Video Verification Process will start to ensure that all the videos have imported successfully. The status of this verification process will appear within the 'Installation Progress' box.
The status 'Record Verification Finished.' will appear upon completion. Click 'Close' at the bottom right hand side of the window to close the content installer and complete the content installation process.