This tutorial will provide step by step instructions on the procedure required to add ClickView to the list of Local Intranet Sites for both Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. The steps in this tutorial may be necessary if you are experiencing issues with ClickView video playback, local cache playback issues or using ClickView plugins with Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. If you are experiencing any issues with ClickView (including Local Cache playback) that are occurring in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, follow this tutorial.
This tutorial has been written for Windows 10.
Local Cache 2.0:
If Local Cache 2.0 isn't working with HTTPS, you may need to bypass the proxy for *.clickviewlocalcache.com.
You can do this by going to: Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Advanced (adding *.clickviewlocalcache.com)
1. Open the Start Menu and type "Internet Options" (alternatively, you can open Internet Options from the Control Panel).
2. Open the Internet Options application from the start menu (or control panel).
1. Within the Internet Options box, click on the Security tab. In the select a zone to view box, click on Local Intranet (a computer and globe icon). Click on the Sites button, as indicated by the screenshot below.
3. A dialog box appears called Local Intranet. Click the Advanced option.
3. Another dialog box will open also called Local Intranet. Untick the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone, as ClickView Online uses both http and https protocol connections.
Note: If you are unable to change any settings within any of these dialog boxes, your institution's group policies security settings may be preventing you (as seen in the below screenshot). Speak to your IT staff regarding the possibility of allowing the modification of these settings.
4. To add ClickView Online's URL to the list of Local Intranet Sites, add the following sites:
5. Restart Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge. ClickView plugins and video playback (including Local Cache) should now work correctly.