Schoology is a Learning Management System (LMS) which allows teachers to manage and administer online educational resources. It also enables teachers to track and report student data, and deliver online teaching and instruction in a hybrid learning environment.
ClickView is a educational content provider, which empowers teachers and learners alike via video as the primary medium to deliver content.
This article describes the process of integration of ClickView with Schoology.
1. Login to your Schoology account via: https://app.schoology.com/login
2. Navigate to the ‘App Centre’ by clicking on the four squares on the top bar:
3. Search for ClickView application and proceed to install it from the App Center as per the steps below:
4. Upon selecting the ClickView app, you will be presented with installation information page:
5. Proceed by selecting the ‘Install LTI 1.3 App’ button as shown above.
6. A content sharing consent form and Deep Linking and Assignment and Grade Services will be presented, this will allow the grade pass-back feature to communicate between Schoology and ClickView via LTI 1.3 integration.
7. Once the ClickView app is added to your Schoology ogranzation, it will be available to be installed for either all courses or any specific selected courses of your preference:
8. ClickView app can now be used to add ClickView content in your Schoology courses.
Navigate to a course in which you wish to add ClickView content and select ‘Add Materials’:
Proceed by signing into your ClickView account and add desired ClickView content:
Select the video embed size from the ‘Video size’ drop-down and tick the ‘Auto-play’ checkbox if you desire the embedded ClickView to play automatically:
Add a ClickView video directly in an Assignment, Page, Assessment or Media package. For this method, create a new Assignment, Page. Assessment or Media Package (Any option which presents you with a HTML editor).
Click on the button with the arrow pointing left diagonally downwards in a box -> Image/Media -> ClickView
The video is then available when added using any of the methods described above:
ClickView interactive videos: Grade pass-back feature
For adding interactive videos from ClickView with grade pass-back feature, ClickView content needs to be added as ‘External Tool’.
In the course which you wish to add a ClickView interactive video, select 'Add Materials' -> 'Add File/Link/External Tool' -> Select 'External Tool' in the next option window
Populate the mandatory fields marked by asterix, and Check the ‘Enable Grading’ and select a ‘Category’ as highlighted above, following which ClickView interactive video title of your choice can be added, as follows:
The students can now access the ClickView interactive video on their Schoology course. Once students have attempted the interactive video, their grades will be available in the ‘Gradebook’ section of the course, as depicted below: