ClickView gives users the ability to edit any videos that come from Exchange or TV. This can be helpful when trying to cut out advertisments from tv shows or add chapters to movies. The special tool that enables users to edit videos is called Cloud Editor and it is available in your workspace.
To begin editing you will need to first search Exchange or TV to find the original video that you wish to modify.
If you find the video on Exchange click the options menu and select "Add to Workspace".
If you have located your desired program in TV, click the orange "Add" button. This gives you the choice to either “Edit program”, “Add to Workspace” or "Request ad-free copy". Select the option which is right for you.
Request ad-free copy
This will send a request to the ClickView Curation Team. The ClickView Curation Team will edit the ads out for you and place it in your workspace. You will receive a notification once it has been completed.
This will take you straight to the ClickView Cloud Video Editor where you will be able to place named chapters into your program or to crop specific sections of a program. Once complete, the newly edited version of your program will be added to your Workspace.
Add to Workspace
This will send the program immediately to your Workspace without editing. You will be able to play this program once it appears in your Workspace. You can also edit this program with Cloud Editor at a later date.
How do I access the ClickView Cloud Video Editor?
- Open your Workspace
- Locate program
- Click on “Edit video”
- Wait for ClickView Cloud Video Editor to load the file for editing
How do I use the ClickView Cloud Video Editor?
The ClickView Cloud Video Editor main screen provides the tools required to edit your program.
- Program preview screen – plays video.
- Trimming bar (orange) – this bar represents the entire unedited video from start to end. In the example above it is already trimmed 5 mins from the start and end of the video. This is because the recordings start and end 5 minutes before and after the scheduled time to allow for over run.
- Editing bar (blue) – where breaks are placed to create chapters.
- Time bar – indicates the time point within the program
- Insert break and delete break buttons – adds and deletes break points.
- Fast Forward/Rewind/Play/Pause buttons – allows you to control your program and move up and down the blue editing bar within the program in increments of +0.5, +1, +10 or +60 seconds or -0.5, -1, -10 or -60 seconds.
- Volume control
- Keystroke editing shortcuts – buttons on your keyboard have been mapped to replicate the +0.5, +1, +10, +60 seconds or -0.5, -1, -10, -60 second editing buttons on the screen. This method is generally considered a faster way to edit.
- Summary – information on the program automatically provided by 'TV'. This can be edited and added to.
- Chapter tab – this indicates the number of chapters created within a program.
- Tutorial – walkthrough on how to use ClickView Cloud Video Editor
- Save – saves your edited program to your Workspace.
What is a chapter break?
A chapter break is a split that is placed in a program. Breaks are represented by the addition of a thin vertical line in the blue editing bar of the ClickView Cloud Video Editor. These breaks create chapters.
To edit a program in ClickView Cloud Video Editor, you will be required to place
chapters (made with breaks) within the program using the blue editing bar.
Insert a break
If you wish to add a break, move your time indicator on the blue editing bar to the desired point in time in the program, and press “Insert break.” The resulting segments are called chapters.
Delete a break
If you wish to delete a break, click on the break you wish to remove and press "Delete break”
Rename a chapter
Go to the Chapters tab, click on the chapter name and enter new chapter name. These new names will be saved when you save your program to the Workspace.
Delete a chapter
You can delete a chapter by double-clicking on it. It will turn white within the blue editing bar and information about this chapter will be grey when you look in the Chapters tab. This chapter will not be added to the Workspace when saved. You can return a deleted chapter by double clicking on it and making it blue.
Edit a small segment of a program
This method is recommended if you wish to extract a single chapter (less than 10 minutes long) from 'TV'. To edit a segment of a program:
- Move both time indicators on the orange trimming bar to ensure that you can view the start and end of the program
- Move the time indicator on the blue editing bar to where you wish the chapter to start.
- Click “Insert Break”
- Move the time indicator on the blue editing bar to where you wish the chapter to end.
- Click “Insert Break”. You will now have three chapters.
- Double click the chapters before and after the chapter you need. They will turn white. This will remove them from your edited program, leaving the blue chapter, which is your desired piece of programming.
- Go to Summary and rename your program title.
- Rename chapter if desired.
- Press Save
- Go to Workspace to wait for program.
Edit a full program without commercials
If you intend to use the entire show, you will need to create chapters throughout the program.
To edit a full program without commercials:
- Move both the time indicators on the orange trimming bar to ensure you can view the start and end of the program
- Move the time indicator on the blue editing bar to find the exact start of the program
- Click “Insert Break”
- Move the time indicator on the blue editing bar to find the end of the program.
- Click “Insert Break”
- Double click the sections before and after the program, turning them white. This will remove them from your edited program. You have now defined the beginning and end of the show and removed any broadcasting before or after the program.
- Return to the blue editing bar and place time indicator at the start of the first break.
- Move 3 to 5 minutes forward and add another chapter break
- Repeat process until you reach the last break.
- Go to Summary and rename your program title
- Rename chapters if desired
- Press Save
- Go to Workspace to wait for your program.
If your program has commercials, and you wish to remove them, you will be required to add a break at the start and end of each set of commercials, and delete the resulting chapter. To remove a commercial:
- Place breaks on the blue editing bar at the start and end of each of the commercials.
- Delete the resulting chapter by double clicking on the chapter, making the chapter white.
- Repeat process with any other commercials.
- Rename the remaining blue chapters to identify what is occurring within the section of the program you wish to keep.
Save an edited program
After you have finished editing, press “Save”.
After you save an edited program from ClickView Cloud Video Editor, it will appear in your Workspace. From this location you can play the program, edit unedited programs, create links, embed, download the program or add to Playlists.