What is LTI?
Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) is an education technology coding standard that allows learning systems to invoke and to communicate with external systems.
For example, your Learning Management System (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), may use LTI to host course content and tools provided by external, third-party systems on a web site, without requiring a learner to log in separately on the external systems.
ClickView is compliant with both v1.1 and v1.3 coding standards. This article will guide you, the ClickView Administrator, through the specific setup of LTI v1.3 for use with the Moodle LMS.
- Log in to ClickView Online with an admin account>click on your name at the top right hand corner>select 'Settings'>LTI:
- Click on the 'Add LTI Platform' button, select 'Version 1.3' then click 'Next':
- Enter a name for your LTI platform then click 'Create':
- The relevant fields required for LTI integration will be shown in the Step 1 section; Login URI, Redirection URI, Deep Linking Launch URI, Public Key and Public JWK.
- Go to Moodle>Site Administration>Plugins>Manage Tools:
- Click 'Configure a tool manually'
- Select 'LTI 1.3' from the LTI version drop-down and 'RSA' from the Public key type drop-down:
- Copy the field values (from Step 4) into Moodle:
a) Redirection URI → Tool URL
b) Public Key → Public Key
c) Login URI → Initiate login URL
d) Redirection URI → Redirection URI
- Click 'Show More':
- Check 'Content-Item Message':
a) Deep linking launch Url → Content Selection URL
- Click 'Save Changes'
- Click on the 'View configuration details' on your newly created tool. You will need these values for the next step:
- Return to LTI setup page in ClickView and and complete the form using the information provided by Moodle:
a) ClientId → Client ID
b) Platform ID → Issuer
c) Access Token URL → Access Token URL
d) Authentication Request URL → Authorize URL
e) Public Keyset URL → JWK Set URL
f) Deployment Id → Deployment Id
- Click 'Save'.
Add LTI 1.3 Link in Moodle
- Go to any course in Moodle
- Click the cog icon at the top left
- Turn editing on
- Add an activity or resource
- Choose 'External Tool':
- Give your activity or resource a name
- Select your ClickView tool from the drop-down:
- Click 'Select Content'
- Select your ClickView video by clicking 'Add':
- Video should now be in your Moodle course.