Customers using Single Sign On (SSO) have the ability to keep security groups updated within ClickView, which removes the need to contact our Support Team and allows for real-time changes to be made.
Depending on the structure of your SSO groups, you may need to move groups from one year to the next at the start of term. Alternatively, your groups structure may simply change during the year and require updating.
As a ClickView Administrator, you may be required to roll over your year groups. There are two methods of achieving this and it depends on how the year groups themselves, are structured.
- Method 1 is where the year groups remain static and there is a need to migrate each student to the next years security group within your Active Directory. This means there are no changes required within ClickView.
- Method 2 is where the students remain in their existing year groups and there is a need to roll over the year groups within ClickView. This method requires no changes to your Active Directory.
How do I know which method to use?
The method to use is based upon the structure of your year groups.
If the year groups are structured like 'Year 1', 'Year 2', 'Year 3' > 'Year 11', 'Year 12'... then the roll over process would be undertaken within your Active Directory. You may need to contact your internal IT department for this. Students would need to be moved from their current, to the next year group. New students to your institution would be added into the first year group. Use Method 1.
If however, your year groups are structured like 'Class of 2020', 'Class of 2021', 'Class of 2022' > 'Class of 2030', 'Class of 2031'... then there is an annual rollover process within ClickView that is required. This process essentially moves the year groups up by one and then the new group for the first year, would need manually adding. Use Method 2.
For institutions using SSO, and requiring the year group rollover described in method 2 above, the following step by step guide should be used.
1. Login to ClickView as an Administrator account
2. Click on your name in the top right of the screen, and then Settings
3. From the left-hand navigation bar, select SSO underneath the Integrations section
4. In the mapping screen, ensure that the correct security groups from your Active Directory are reflected against the correct Year Levels. The annual rollover would require each value being moved into the next year level.
5. At the end of the process Year 12 will be cycled out and you will need to refer to your Active Directory to retrieve the new security group name to repopulate the now empty, first year group for your institute. In this example, Year 7.