What is LTI?
Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) is an education technology coding standard that allows learning systems to invoke and to communicate with external systems.
For example, your Learning Management System (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), may use LTI to host course content and tools provided by external, third-party systems on a web site, without requiring a learner to log in separately on the external systems.
ClickView is compliant with both v1.1 and v1.3 coding standards. This article will guide you, the ClickView Administrator, through the specific setup of LTI v1.1 for use with the Canvas LMS.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this setting before proceeding with the steps below.
- Log in to ClickView Online:
- Click your username on the top right hand corner and select Settings:
- Select LTI:
- Click ‘Add LTI Platform’:
- Select 'Version 1.1' and click 'Next':
- Create a name for your platform:
- Open Canvas:
- Select Admin from the side bar>Settings>Apps>View App Configurations:
- Click '+ App':
- Select 'By URL' as your configuration type:
- Copy and paste fields from ClickView Online to Canvas (follow image below)
ClickView Field Canvas Field Key Consumer Key Secret Shared Secret XML Url Config URL
- You have now added ClickView to Canvas as an external tool