Educators can edit a number of metadata fields for TV programmes and videos. Title, description and rating are amongst the common fields edited, but the addition of chapters and length of a video can also be edited, which allows for bitesize video content - perfect for focused topics in lessons.
Similar to editing videos from TV, you can edit videos from your workspace.
1. On the right-hand side of each video in your workspace, is the Options button. Select this to view a drop-down menu. Then select ‘Edit Video’.
2. A message box will appear to prompt ‘Launch video with the ClickView Cloud Editor’.
3. Thereafter you will be redirected to Cloud Editor which is our clouded tool for editing videos.
3a. The orange bar below allows you to change the start and end times of the video to a particular section. This is helpful for when the beginning or end of the video need not be shown to the audience.
3b. The blue bar represents the whole duration of the orange bar where you may insert ‘Break’ points to the video. These break points will then segment the video into chapters. Simply slide the indicator to certain parts of the video and select ‘Insert Break’ to define each chapter point.
If you found that you no longer wish to have a chapter insert, you may slide the indicator to that point and select ‘Delete Break’.
Additionally, as each break point is added in the blue bar, you will find that in the right panel and under the ‘Chapters’ tab, chapters will be added to reflect those break points.
You can individually remove each unwanted chapter, by pointing the mouse; thereafter an “X” will appear to give the option to remove that chapter.
You will be able to subsequently remove chapters from this panel if that segment is no longer wanted.
Finally, to clear all chapters, simply select the ‘Clear Chapters’ at the bottom.
4. If you would like to change the descriptive labels of the video, you may use the right panel to make any adjustments as necessary.
5. Additionally we have provided keyboard shortcuts for you to streamline your editing experience.
Once you are ready to save your edits , simply select the ‘Save’ button.
6. Once the edit is saved, the title will appear at the top right of your Workspace page.
7. The newly edited title will undergo a brief ‘Processing’ phase, you will be able to see its progress at the top upon expanding ‘Pending videos’ at the top right.
Once the process is complete, a grey bar will appear at top to advise the number of new videos available. Simply click on this bar to review all the recently edited titles.
An icon ‘New’ will appear to each newly edited video to assist you with differentiating between different videos in you Workspace.
As a side note, the the original version of the video will still remain in your Workspace in addition to your newly edited video.