What is Local Cache?
Local Cache is a product of ClickView that is installed onto a local server within your school. Videos are stored on this on-premise server, allowing them to be delivered over your local network from the cache, rather than being streamed over the internet.
Using Local Cache means that schools will get the highest quality videos without buffering, because bandwidth limitations or an unreliable internet connection, are removed.
Do I need Local Cache?
If you are experiencing any of the following difficulties with video playback in ClickView, then it might be worth considering Local Cache:
- Videos take a long time to load or you get the spinning loader wheel when watching videos.
- You want whole classrooms to play HD videos from ClickView at the same time without congesting the network.
- Your school's internet or Wi-Fi is unreliable, causing interrupted playback of the video.
- Your school's internet bandwidth is less than 100mbps.
If your school does not have Local cache, and you'd like to install it, please see our install guide, here.
Benefits of ClickView Local Cache
- Secure – Local Cache supports HTTPS out of the box, so you can access ClickView content more securely and all your data is protected.
- Intelligent –Local Cache will intelligently download and store the content you are watching, efficiently using disk space and using less bandwidth.
- Cache everything – Reliably deliver all ClickView content to your classroom and save bandwidth in the process. No more waiting for your video to load!