Local Cache will intelligently download and store videos from ClickView. This means playback on-campus for all ClickView videos will be streamed locally ensuring reliable playback and conserving your bandwidth.
- Secure – Local Cache now supports HTTPS out of the box, so you can access ClickView content more securely and all your data is protected.
- Intelligent – Local Cache will intelligently download and store the content you are watching, efficiently using disk space and using less bandwidth.
- Cache everything – Reliably deliver all ClickView content to your classroom and save bandwidth in the process. No more waiting for your video to load!
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Minimum RAM: 2GB
- Minimum CPU processor: 2
- Disk space: 100GB
- Minimum OS version: Windows 8 (Desktop) or Windows Server 2012 (Server)
- CPU architecture: 64-bit only
- A minimum connection speed of 2Mbps is required to make use of ClickView
- Below are the internet download speed recommendations per user (staff or student) for content playback through Local Cache without any buffering.
- HD Quality (10 Mbps)
- SD Quality (4 Mbps)
Please note: Streaming a single video is all that is required to cache the video; as other users browse to the video they will instead start their stream from the Local Cache.
The initial WAN based stream will copy the content to the caching server as well as serving that content to the initial user, the benefit being that subsequent streams (even before the title has finished playing) will be able to immediately make use of the copy that has been sent to the caching server. Meaning if you had 20 students, one started a video and then the other 19 viewed that same title those 19 users would instead be streaming the content from the caching service rather than the internet.
Installing Local Cache
If your device/server meets the minimum specifications and you wish to install Local Cache, please refer to the following article: How do I install Local Cache?