What is Video Access?
Video Access allows ClickView Administrators to tailor the library of content that is available to staff and students. Video access is enabled on individual videos.
Which videos can be restricted?
All library videos in ClickView can be restricted by managing video access.
Who decides on the restrictions?
Administrators are the only people who can restrict access to a video.
Who is affected by the restrictions?
Video Access can be restricted from certain year groups, all students, or all users in the school (including staff).
How do I know if a video is restricted?
You will know if a video is restricted if you encounter any of the following:
- A padlock next to the title.
- An image of a padlock and the word Restricted as the thumbnail. If you are a student, you may also see greyed out lines in place of the video title.
The following sections are available to ClickView Administrators only.
How do I restrict access to a video in the library?
- To restrict access to a video, start by searching for the video in ClickView.
- Click the "Options" button next to the video or the button with three vertical dots underneath the video (depending on which view you have).
- Select "Manage Video Access" from the drop down menu.
- To select select students or staff simply choose the option from the drop down menu and click "Update Access".
- To select a year group, choose the "Certain year groups" option from the drop down menu and select a number from the bar to be the threshold. All year groups up to and including will be selected. A notification on the bottom of the window will display the selected year groups. Then select "Update restriction".
- A message box will pop up confirming the new restriction.
How can I check which videos I have already restricted?
ClickView administrators can use the Video Access page to view a list of videos that they have already restricted. To get to this page go to Settings>Video Access.
Administrators can then review the access settings and change or remove them, if required.