If your institution has Single Sign On (SSO) it may not be necessary to do year group rollover as SSO should do it automatically if correctly configured.
The 'Annual Year Group Rollover' feature allows admins to bulk update the year group of all student accounts in ClickView.
Login to ClickView
- Log in to ClickView with an admin account.
- Click your name at the top right corner.
- Select 'Settings' from the dropdown menu.
- Click 'Students' on the menu on the left:
Important: Before you start this process, we recommend that you create a backup of all your student accounts in case something goes wrong.
Create a backup of student accounts
- Click on the three dots at the side of the search bar and select the Export Students option. This will download a csv containing the students that you currently have selected on screen.
Start the 'Year Group Rollover' process
- Click on the three dots at the side of the search bar and select the Annual year group rollover option.
- Select your institution's graduation year group (i.e. Year 6):
- Tick the warning box and proceed by clicking 'Next' button:
All the student year groups should have been updated to the next ascending year.
Please note that student accounts that are in a higher year group than your institution's graduation year group, will not be rolled over. Only the accounts of the graduating year group are removed from the list of users for ClickView Online.
Student accounts that are currently in the 'Unknown' or 'Staff' group will not be rolled over.