Educators can now easily display video content from the ClickView platform onto any Apple TV (4th gen and later) located within your network. This article is intended for ClickView Administrators and will provide guidance on how you can activate the ClickView App for Apple TV within your institution.
- Note: The ClickView app for tvOS is only available for Apple TV (4th gen and later). All details within this tutorial apply only to Apple TV (4th gen and later).
1. To activate a new Apple TV (4th gen and later), first download the ClickView tvOS app from the Apple TV App Store. Once downloaded, select the ClickView app.
2. When launching the ClickView App on your device for the first time, you will be provided with a four-digit activation code on the screen, an example of this can be seen below:
This activation code changes every 15 minutes - if you are not able to activate the App within 15 minutes, you will need to re-obtain the code from the ClickView App for Apple TV, by relaunching the app.
3. Once you have obtained your activation code, proceed to the respective activation link that corresponds to your region:
Note: If you are presented with the wrong activation URL for your respective region, this can be corrected by going into Apple TV Settings > Apps > ClickView > Location and changing this to the correct respective region. Once you have performed this change, you will need to close the ClickView App and restart it fresh; alternatively, you may wish to simply reboot the Apple TV device.
Alternatively, sign into ClickView using an administrator account and click on the 'Devices' option within the user settings menu.
4. Once in the Devices screen, there are three tasks to complete.
Name your device
You need to give the Apple TV Device a suitable name. This name will allow Educators to easily identify which devices are available for use. As an example, this could be the classroom where the device is located.
Enter your 4 digit pin
Enter the four digit pin that was obtained in step 2.
Click Activate button.
5. Once activated, you will be able to see the name of the device and whether it is 'Online' and available for use:
6. Repeat steps 2 to 4 until you have activated all desired devices at your institution.