ClickView hosts a number teacher's channels that have flipped lesson videos for a range of subjects and year levels. A channel ensures a teacher's videos are all accessible together, in one place, and provides teachers with a range of tools for uploading and customising their own platform.
Once a channel has been established for you, it’s easy to get started! Simply log in to ClickView as usual and click your name in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Select 'My Channel' from the dropdown menu to view your channel’s home page.
You will be able to customise your channel and upload your videos directly via the instructions below.
Customising Your Channel
Click the 'Edit Channel' button towards the right of the page.
On this page, you will see options to edit your channel. You are able to update the following:
- The default channel name that has been provided during set-up.
- Channel description.
- The URL which may be used to share your channel publicly.
- Profile image and Banner image
- Select videos you would like to feature on the channel’s homepage
- Select playlists you would like to feature on the channel’s homepage
- Links to your social media pages. These will appear as small symbols on your channel’s homepage that others can click.
Follow these steps to upload a new video:
- Click 'Videos':
- Click 'Upload Video':
- Select the video file, complete the video information metadata and choose a category:
- Click 'Submit' at the bottom right corner.
After uploading, your videos will automatically appear on your channel’s video page. You may need to refresh the page in order for it to appear.
If you would like to remove a video from your channel, you will need to send an email to email@example.com. Please include the URL of the video you want removed so our team can find the right one.
Follow these steps to make a new playlist:
- Click 'Playlists':
- Click 'Add Playlist':
- Enter details of the playlist as necessary:
- Browse the videos you wish to add to the playlist and click 'Add to a playlist':
- Select the appropriate playlist:
- Click on the new playlist on the 'Playlists' page:
- Click 'Toggle to edit playlist'. You can now change the name and description of the playlist, reorder the videos in the playlist, and update the playlist’s cover image:
Once a channel has been customised, ClickView will verify your channel. This means your channel will be listed on our Featured Channels page on the Exchange. Before your channel is verified, there are a few requirements which must be met. They are as follows:
- At least FIVE videos uploaded to your channel.
- A high-quality profile picture (Minimum size: 512 pixels wide and 288 pixels high)
- A high-quality banner image, that does not contain text of any kind e.g. stock images relating to your subject area (Minimum size: 1220 pixels wide and 160 pixels high)
- A short description about yourself and the content on the channel
- Any links to outside pages (including social media and websites) to be included using the ‘Social Media Links’ section on your profile, rather than in the About section:
If you have any further questions about your channel, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.