Educators can edit a number of metadata fields for TV programmes and videos. Title, description and rating are amongst the common fields edited, but the length of a video can also be tweaked, which allows for bitesize video content - perfect for focused topics in lessons.
How Do I Edit Videos from TV?
1. First click on the 'TV' tab in the main menu at the top of the page.
2. Once you find the program you wish to edit and select it by clicking on the 'Add', then 'Edit’ buttons in the information window that appears.
3. From the edit screen, you have the option to edit the title, rating, description, create chapters and edit the video length.
3a. The orange bar below allows you to change the start and end times of the video to a particular section. This is helpful for when the beginning or end of the video need not be shown to the audience.
3b. The blue bar represents the whole duration of the orange bar where you may insert ‘Break’ points to the video. These break points will then segment the video into chapters. Simply slide the indicator to certain parts of the video and select ‘Insert Break’ to define each chapter point.
If you found that you no longer wish to have a chapter insert, you may slide the indicator to that point and select ‘Delete Break’.
Additionally, as each break point is added in the blue bar, you will find that in the right panel and under the ‘Chapters’ tab, chapters will be added to reflect those break points.
You can individually remove each unwanted chapter, by pointing the mouse; thereafter an “X” will appear to give the option to remove that chapter.
You will be able to subsequently remove chapters from this panel if that segment is no longer wanted.
Finally, to clear all chapters, simply select the ‘Clear Chapters’ at the bottom.
4. If you would like to change the descriptive labels of the video, you may use the right panel to make any adjustments as necessary.
5. Additionally we have provided keyboard shortcuts for you to streamline your editing experience.
6. Once you are ready to save your edits , simply select the ‘Save’ button.
7. Once the edit is saved, the title will appear at the top right of your Workspace page.
8. Edits can also be made to Workspace Videos - see the article How Do I Edit Videos in Workspace?