|ClickView is supported on the Brightspace | D2L platform!|
This document will provide instructions on how to get the ClickView integration working on the platform so you can start embedding videos into your lessons.
1) Navigate to your Brightspace portal and login as the administrator. You should see a cog appear at the top right of the screen which gives you access to administrative functionality.
2) Click the cog and select Remote Plugins from the drop down list as follows:
3) On the next page, click the New remote plugin button to add the ClickView plugin to the system:
4) As per the following images, ensure that the correct information is populated in the form when adding a new Remote Plugin:
- Plugin Type: 'Insert Stuff'.
- Name: ClickView
- Launch Point URL:
(Please ensure you choose the correct URL based on your region.)
Note. All other fields are to be left blank.
Additionally, you can make the plugin available to your preferred organisational units by clicking the Add Org Units at the bottom of the form:
It will bring up a list of the Org Units available:
5) Finally, click the Save button to complete the configuration of the plugin.
Testing and Use
When adding content to a new item for a course, you can now select the "Insert Stuff" button in the text editor as follows:
Upon clicking the Insert Stuff button, you will be presented with a list of applicable plugins from which you can embed media:
Note: The first time you select the ClickView plugin, you should ensure that the Always trust this URL tickbox is checked and then click the Allow button. This will ensure the ClickView plugin can display content as follows:
Once you have located the video you wish to embed, you can click the Add button and select which resolution video you wish to add. This will then embed the video into the page as follows:
You can then continue to add content or Publish the page for student use.